Spring Grilling Recipes
Spring has officially begun! That means many San Antonians will be out in their backyards more often, enjoying the nice weather with family and friends. What better way to do that than by whipping up some delicious food on the grill (in between relaxing in your pool, of course!)
Check out the recipes below to get a full range of menu items that you can cook on your grill – from appetizers to desserts.
- 6 whole jalepeno peppers
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1 green onion, minced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.5 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- Cut the stem off each jalepeno and cut in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scrape out seeds & membranes.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, green onion, garlic powder, and cheddar. Divide into 12 equal pieces and stuff into the jalepeno halves.
- Wrap each jalepeno with bacon, ensuring the cheese is covered. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place jalepenos on grill, cut side down, and grill just until bacon begins to crisp (about 6 minutes). Gently loosen bacon from the grill, and flip jalepenos over. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook an additional 10-12 minutes or until bacon is cooked and cheese is melted.